A role for you
Finance Manager – Business Performance Manager
(ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
Centrica’s vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Our major brands include British Gas, Direct Energy (in North America), Centrica Energy and Dyno Group.
British Gas, our downstream business in the UK, supplies electricity and gas to residential and business customers as well as delivering the UK’s premier heating and electrical care, installations and drainage services to home customers.
Reporting directly to the British Gas Head of Financial Reporting, and managing a team of two analysts, the Business Performance Manager (Finance Manager) will be responsible for the co-ordination of financial reporting across British Gas and for providing strong financial insight and key messaging on business performance to the Board and other stakeholders. This will require working closely with the Central Finance and Business Finance teams across our residential, corporate account, smart and service businesses, as well as with the Centrica Group Business Performance team.
The role presents an exceptional opportunity for a high potential Finance Manager to assume a senior role in co-ordinating financial reporting for an organisation with revenues in excess of £12bn, as well as offering the opportunity for senior level exposure both at Group level and within British Gas. The key focus for the role will be:
- Accurate business reporting – month-end close
- Business performance management
- Half-year and year-end account sign off and reporting
- Presentation of quarterly business reporting to the executive
Success in this role will be measured by: continuous improvement in the accuracy, quality of insight and timeliness of British Gas financial and business reporting and planning submissions; and a step change in the integration of financial and operational performance. Smooth half-year and full-year audit processes, with clearance on Group timetables and deliverables.
The success of this role will depend on a Finance Manager who can demonstrate on his/her CV:
- A chartered accountant with a recognised accountancy body (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a strong academic background (degree educated or equivalent)
- Proven monthly financial reporting within a complex large corporation, the ability to make decisions from complex accounts and lead those senior leaders through decisions
- Highly proficient at presentations, at delivering a succinct and accurate message to key executives, and the ability to engage and influence senior business leaders
- Ideally the candidate will have an audit background (or similar) to have the rigour, accuracy and methodical training to deliver business performance reporting for a circa £12bn business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate to a diverse audience across multiple locations.
This is just one of the many types of roles within the Business Support function.
Follow us online Keep up-to-date with British Gas
PH Jones Open Day in Plymouth Weds 29th May. Contractors needed for Electrical and Central Heating Installations http://t.co/UaG0nmre1v
Tue, 21 May 2013 12:12
Search and apply
Search for and apply for current Business Support vacancies.
View a sample job description for some of our business support roles
Inside British Gas Updates
PH Jones Open Day in Plymouth, promoting Contractor work for Electricians, Central Heating Installation Engineers and Surveyors
21 May 2013 Posted by Helen Butterworth
10 May 2013 Posted by Helen Butterworth
01 May 2013 Posted by Dan Swift